MALAYSIA NEWS 25-3-2020: The Movement Control Order (MCO) period is being extended to April 14, says Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yasin.
Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin said he was given a briefing by the National Security Council and Health Ministry and the trend showed new Covid-19 positive cases had spiked. “The trend is expected to continue for a while before we can see the number of new cases reported decline.” “The government is of the opinion that the movement control order should continue.”
The government has implemented the closure of all government and private premises. In alignment with the government’s directives and the health and safety of our members and employees, thus we will be advised to be work from home.
ONLY the essential services identified by the government (as of 25th March) have been expanded to include the following:
1. Banking and finance
2. Electricity and energy
4. Port, dock and airport services and undertakings, including stevedoring, lighterage, cargo handling, pilotage and storing or bulking of commodities
7. Production, refining, storage, supply and distribution of fuel and lubricants
8. Healthcare and medical
9. Solid waste management and public cleansing
11. Radio communication including broadcasting and television
13. Transport by land, water or air
16. Defense and security
17. Food supply
21. Hotels and accommodations
22. Any services or works determined by the Minister as essential or critical to public health or safety.
We will continue to reference the Malaysian government’s directives and monitor the development to update you in a timely manner as the situation evolves.
Once again, we appreciate your understanding during this period. We will still be there to serve you better!
Stay Safe! Stay Hydrated! Malaysia Boleh!!